- What’s your least favorite thing about writing?
Getting started…(and writing reports)
- Which author would you like to have a drink with (Dead or alive. Them, not you).
Joseph Campbell or Arthur Miller
- Who is your favorite author that you don’t know personally?Who is your favorite author that you do know personally?
Ursula Hegl & Jacquelyn Mitchard (respectivly).
- What about your discipline (fiction, poetry, etc) do you wish you were better at?
Being spontaneously metaphorical
- What kind or creative rituals or patterns do you have?
Even though I use the computer to write I must have five sharpened pencils and a full pad of fresh paper when I start to write
Bonus question: if you were a can of something, what would you be?
I would be a can of baked beans.
Come out to Writers & Words next week, September 11th at 7pm at Charmington’s Cafe to hear Diane and the rest of our awesome lineup! Click here to see the facebook event!
Dr. Diane Pomerantz is a clinical psychologist who has been in practice working with children, adolescents, and adults in the Baltimore, Maryland area for over thirty-five years. She has done extensive work in the area of trauma and child abuse and research in the area of personality development of abused children. She currently runs Healing Through Writing groups in her practice. She is a breast cancer survivor and has two wonderful grown children. She and her shaggy dog, Rug, live amidst tall trees on the outskirts of Baltimore, Maryland. Recent publications: Lost in the Reflecting Pool: a memoir – She Writes Press. Recent awards: Readers Favorite Award; 4 categories – Human Relations Indie Awards; Foreword Review Indie Book Award; Book Excellence Award. She is is an expert blogger for Psychology Today, and has had her work published in Motherwell Magazine, Story Circle Journal and She Writes.