- What’s your least favorite thing about writing?
Deciding what to write about next.
- Which author would you like to have a drink with (Dead or alive. Them, not you).
- Who is your favorite author that you don’t know personally?
Sidney Sheldon/Danielle Steele.
- Who is your favorite author that you do know personally?
- What about your discipline (fiction, poetry, etc) do you wish you were better at?
Not expecting the first draft to be great.
Bonus question: What kind or creative rituals or patterns do you have?
I have a set time to write each day. I usually turn on music that will inspire me for the project on which I am writing; gospel, jazz, slow jams, etc., but if I don’t need the inspiration and am ready to flow, jazz is my go-to background soundtrack.
I love jazz as a background soundtrack, I’ll have to try that. Thank you, Shaunna!
Come out to Writers & Words next month, June 12th at 7pm at Charmington’s Cafe to hear Shaunna and the rest of our kickin’ lineup!
Shaunna earned a B.A. degree in Psychology and Social Welfare Services, and is completing her second term of service in AmeriCorps. She served 5 years as Parish Pastor in the Redeemed Christian Church of God, receiving the John Maxwell Million Leaders Mandate Certificate of Achievement in 2016, for exemplifying outstanding leadership by empowering, equipping and encouraging leaders. Shaunna is the author of two published books, and is the owner of the blog, Occupy Purpose. She is a graphic designer and personal development coach. Many hats, one purpose; encouraging people to pursue passions and live a life of faith and purpose.