- What’s the worst thing about writing?
The concept of not getting paid for your work.
- What do you do when people ask “How’s your writing goin?
I tell them the same as it’s been for the last forty years. . .which is smokin’!
- Describe your thoughts on writing (either your own or in general) using as many nouns as possible.
Entertaining. Illuminating. Demanding. Fulfilling. Nouns? What nouns?
- What is it about your discipline (fiction/poverty/nonfiction/other) that draws you to it?
The challenge of doing it better each time I touch the keyboard.
- What’s your favorite word or words? What about it/them appeals to you?
My favorite word is Tom—for obvious reasons.
Bonus question: Macgyver has been rebooted and stars the actor who played “Havok” in the X-Men reboots. Like, what’s going on with that? How do you feel? Does it comfort you to know that while the new Macgyver doesn’t have a mullet, his hair is quite voluminous?
I didn’t watch the original iteration and have no need to watch the mullet-less one either.
Want more from Tom? Visit www.borderlandspress.com to read his blog and come to Charmington’s on Oct. 11 at 7 PM to see him read!